i18n API implementation issues

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Wed May 18 18:57:52 PDT 2011

On May 18, 2011, at 6:17 PM, Nebojša Ćirić wrote:

> One more question wrt. private implementation.
>
> Is it enough if I name it say LocaleInfo.DateTimeFormat__ and not include it in the public API list in the proposal?

You can probably do anything you want in your prototype as long as it is clear what is implementation detail and what is public API.  Personally, I prefer to put marker characters such as  __ at the front to make them more obvious.  I think you could use any of the widely known techniques in your prototype and I don't think you will need to be particularly concerned about the costs.

Allen