prototype for operator proposal for review

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Wed May 18 10:25:17 PDT 2011

On May 18, 2011, at 9:51 AM, Brendan Eich wrote:

> On May 18, 2011, at 9:47 AM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
>
>> I suspect that to most JS programmers the UML open triangle generalization arrow head is at least as relevant a precedent as any type theory uses.
>
> I will take that bet. UML, ho ho! Maybe enterprise Java heads...

class hierarchy diagrams are only useful for understanding designs when you actually have complex hierarchies. This very conversation is about adding features to make it easy for JS programmers to build such hierarchies.  Who knows, may e in a few years we will see a resurgence of UML for documenting JS designs in which case people may curse us if we choose today to make the triangle point the wrong direction ;-)

Allen