prototype for operator proposal for review

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt samth at ccs.neu.edu
Wed May 18 06:46:46 PDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 2:59 AM, Luke Hoban <lukeh at microsoft.com> wrote:
>>> That sort of pattern certainly can be repeated if push comes to shove.  But I believe doing so is far inferior to dedicated, first-class syntactical support to make the semantics absolutely unambiguous and un-confusable with anything else.
>
> This makes sense.  I just want to make sure that the fundamental capability to subclass built-in objects is available via libraries for text/javascript, with the new syntax offering the more performant option for text/harmony.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but <| seems like something that could
be provided to 'text/javascript' just as easily as
'text/the-next-javascript'.  Unlike using |module| as a keyword, or
changing the scope rules or |typeof null|, no working
'text/javascript' program uses <| at the moment.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu