prototype for operator proposal for review

Kyle Simpson getify at gmail.com
Wed May 18 06:38:07 PDT 2011

I'm definitely in favor of this <| proposal, btw.

>>> That sort of pattern certainly can be repeated if push comes to shove.
>>> But I believe doing so is far inferior to dedicated, first-class
>>> syntactical support to make the semantics absolutely unambiguous and
>>> un-confusable with anything else.
>
> This makes sense.  I just want to make sure that the fundamental
> capability to subclass built-in objects is available via libraries for
> text/javascript, with the new syntax offering the more performant option
> for text/harmony.

I'm pretty sure current `text/javascript` can sub-class safely, as FuseBox
(from @fusejs) does with sandboxing natives. It's hacky, and relies on the
non-standard __proto__ in most browsers (iframe in others), but it IS
possible. Perhaps we should still formalize it, if we think
`text/javascript` is gonna be around for a long time in parallel with
ES.Next that has something like <|.

--Kyle