Private Names in 'text/javascript'

Andreas Rossberg rossberg at google.com
Wed May 18 04:23:02 PDT 2011

Separating out the functionality of abstract names certainly is a good idea.

But is there any reason to make it a method of Object? In essence,
private names form a new primitive type, so there should be a separate
global object or module for them. Assuming for a minute it was called
Name (which clearly is a suboptimal choice), then you'd rather invoke
Name.create(), or perhaps simply Name() (by analogy with calling
String(v) to create primitive strings, although I'm not sure I like
the notational abuse behind it).

/Andreas