Private Names in 'text/javascript'

Luke Hoban lukeh at microsoft.com
Tue May 17 19:33:57 PDT 2011

      Yes, I agree that separating them out is a good idea. Allen and I have been working on this lately, and I've signed up to present private names at the upcoming face-to-face. Our thinking has been along similar lines to what you describe here.

      Dave

Great - I see the new unique_string_values strawman now.  That looks like it does address the same goal.  Happy to see there is already progress on this.  Was there a particular reason for the shift to treating these names as a new kind of string value instead of as a separate object kind which could be used as a key in objects?

Luke