Peter Michaux petermichaux at gmail.com
Tue May 17 12:18:04 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Axel Rauschmayer <axel at rauschma.de> wrote:
> On May 17, 2011, at 4:57, Peter Michaux <petermichaux at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The goal of pleasing compiler writers should be
> to make it possible to compile existing languages like Perl, Ruby,
> Python and Scheme to JavaScript. These languages are the ones that
> people know and really want to use and target their compilers to
> JavaScript.
>
> You sound like you really hate JavaScript and can’t imagine working with it
> unless some other language is compiled to it.

Actually the opposite is true. I write in JavaScript all day and like
it a lot. I wouldn't want to compile to JavaScript with today's
possibility.

What I was trying to express is that I believe dream of people who
want to compile to JavaScript is to write in their server-side
language of choice (e.g. Perl, Python, Ruby, Scheme, Java, etc) and
compile that to JavaScript.

Peter