Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Sun May 15 23:49:03 PDT 2011

On May 15, 2011, at 10:01 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:

> http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:classes_with_trait_composition#open_issues
>
> This looks pretty good at a glance, but it's a lot, and it's new.

Looking closer, I have to say something non-nit-picky that looks bad and smells like committee:

http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:classes_with_trait_composition#inheritance

Two kinds of inheritance, depending on the dynamic type of the result of evaluating the //MemberExpression// on the right of ''extends''? That will be confusing.

Is the traits-composition way really needed in this proposal? If so, then please consider not abuse ''extends'' to mean ''compose'' depending on dynamic type of result of expression to its right.

/be