Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Sun May 15 13:40:25 PDT 2011

On May 15, 2011, at 11:56 AM, Dmitry A. Soshnikov wrote:

> Oh, and just a small note -- perhaps there's a sense to put a comment near each line to what result the expression evaluates in your examples, e.g.
>
> asset(p === q); // true (or false?)

That is confusing and pointless. I meant what I wrote. The assertions are intended to claim that their argument conditions are truthy.

See last reply for more on joining. It occurs to me you thought scope chain varying in the context of a pure hash-rocket such as #->42 means that function cannot be joined, but since it is pure, it need not entrain its scope chain as an internal [[Scope]] property.

More, since # freezes, there's no need for it to be duplicated, since there is no mutation side channel.

So http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:arrow_function_syntax proposes freezing and joining, only if the user specifies via the # prefix.