Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Sun May 15 10:26:44 PDT 2011

On May 14, 2011, at 11:33 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:

> Grammar Changes
> Change all uses of AssignmentExpression outside of the Expression sub-grammar to InitialExpression:

> ArrowFunctionExpression :
>     FormalParametersOpt Arrow [lookahead ∉ {{}] InitialExpression
>     FormalParametersOpt Arrow Block
>
> FormalParameters :
>     ( FormalParameterListOpt )

Forgot to include the optional leading |this| parameter, so the above two production-sets should be:

ArrowFunctionExpression :
    ArrowFormalParametersOpt Arrow [lookahead ∉ {{}] InitialExpression
    ArrowFormalParametersOpt Arrow Block

ArrowFormalParameters :
    ( FormalParameterListOpt )
    ( this InitialiserOpt )
    ( this InitialiserOpt , FormalParameterList )

("Opt" at the end is because I can't get dokuwiki to do a subscripted "opt" as ES1-5's grammars do for optional right-hand side terms -- at least not without a dokuwiki plugin.)