Function Syntax

Mikeal Rogers mikeal.rogers at gmail.com
Thu May 12 15:26:12 PDT 2011

> However, what if, rather than trying to consolidate legacy with
> emerging (naive or otherwise) expectations of the languages evolution,
> that focus is put instead upon a polysemetic interpreter, a common VM,
> which language authors can utilise to their own ends (within
> constraints), whereby the principles of JavaScript dynamism define
> it's operational boundaries.

You lost me at "common VM".

We currently have some of the fastest VMs in the world as a direct
result of strong competition between VMs. Even better, the VMs are
healthily stealing good ideas from each other as all of them are open
source. So far we've had the best possibly outcome and I wonder what
there could possibly be to gain from consolidation.

-Mikeal