Function Syntax

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Thu May 12 15:07:47 PDT 2011

Claus Reinke wrote:

> Would it be possible for you to follow basic netiquette?
>
> If you do not want to look for useful information in my
> posts, there is no need for you to reply with unproductive
> aggression.

I’m sorry, but I agree with Brendan: If you send emails to this mailing list, you have a responsibility to be brief and concrete. You wrote a *very* long email and he took the time to write a response. It does not sound aggressive to me, just agitated (which I always prefer to people not caring about an issue or ignoring me). Note that it finishes with “I'm being rough on you here because [...]”.

I know of no other language whose creators take as much time and patience to listen, discuss, and explain as JavaScript/ECMAScript.

It is true that you cannot do design by committee (which I’m not accusing TC39 of, BTW). But you cannot do design by public poll, either (you must have noticed the variety of opinions on this list alone!). Someone has to make the hard decisions: Fred Brooks says that (the core of) good design can only be done by a team of one (two if one of them is dominant).

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer

axel at rauschma.de