Function Syntax

David Herman dherman at mozilla.com
Wed May 11 09:46:51 PDT 2011

Evidence is good, but that's not exactly scientific. In particular, I'd wager there's a material difference in this phenomenon between a language in which *all* functions implicitly return and one in which this is only the case for a specific convenience form.

That said, we could also consider a variant that forces the function to return undefined. (For a semi-concrete example, the 'void' keyword might fit in the surface syntax somewhere.)

Dave