Function Syntax

Douglas Crockford douglas at crockford.com
Wed May 11 09:39:48 PDT 2011

On 5/11/2011 9:19 AM, Brendan Eich wrote:
> I still think the completion value leak problem is manageable with
> docs, tools, and resort to good old "function" long-hand syntax. Opinions?
We have observed that one of the world's best capability theorists and
practitioners, intending to to write solid code with capability
discipline, was tripped up by completion value leakage. I think it is a
real problem, and I think it requires either some sort of declaration
saying that no completion value should be returned from the function, or
an explicit return as we have now.