Irakli Gozalishvili rfobic at gmail.com
Mon May 9 01:54:30 PDT 2011

On Sunday, 2011-05-08 at 20:48 , Peter Michaux wrote:
On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Irakli Gozalishvili <rfobic at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'd like to point out that coffeescript has a huge success and in the end
> > it's just syntax sugared js.
>
> Can someone give evidence that Coffeescript is actually a success? Has
> anyone crawled the web to determine the rate of Coffeescript adoption?
> (Assuming there is some way to identify Coffeescript's compiled code.)
> Will adoption plateau at a small percentage of total browser scripts?

Coffeescript is one of the most watched projects on github. Which I'd say is pretty big for such a young project.
https://github.com/popular/watched
> People cannot just reiterate this idea that Coffeescript is popular
> and use that as support for arrows without evidence that Coffeescript
> is actually popular.

Let's ignore popularity level for the moment, no other proposal has analog of `=>` which is a solution for a real problem:

var self = this;
function callback() {
 self....
}