Andrew Dupont mozilla at andrewdupont.net
Sun May 8 22:44:33 PDT 2011

Presumably it could be defined in the grammar so as to prohibit a newline in that very place, much like how the "return" statement is defined.

Alternatively: someone in this thread asked whether there was any purpose to blocks in ES when they aren't used for try/catch/finally or other such purposes. In other words, is there any reason not to restrict them to those use cases and thus remove this ambiguity?

Cheers,
Andrew