Object.prototype.* writable?

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Sun May 8 19:15:47 PDT 2011

[+ataly] the author of the paper cited below.

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Kyle Simpson <getify at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd be in favor of this as a shorter term solution than SES.

Shorter term? SES can shortly be used on any ES5 platform (once <
http://codereview.appspot.com/4249052/> is reviewed and committed). SES's
robustness properties are already being formally investigated <
http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~ataly/Papers/sp11.pdf> and look both
simple and powerful.

For the formally inclined, I strongly recommend this paper. For the rest,
SES is just ES5 with frozen primordials and an 'eval' function and
'Function' constructor enforcing strict mode and lexical scope -- no ambient
access to the global object or non-whitelisted global variables.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM