Faisal Vali faisalv at gmail.com
Sat May 7 20:52:28 PDT 2011

> "Kyle Simpson" <getify at gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 21:58:32 -0500
> Subject: Re: arrow syntax unnecessary and the idea that "function" is too long

<snip>

> With all due respect, Brendan's personal tastes on what kind of code he likes to write is not enough.
> It has to be something that is likely to find wide spread support among the JavaScript masses.

Since the arrow syntax assailants have been quite vocal on this list,
lest they be construed as representative of the javascript masses, I
would like to voice a strong endorsement for pursuing and exploring
the arrow syntax further - and I do this as a simple javascript
hobbyist who uses javascript (and JQuery, for lack of the perfect
library) extensively to automate tasks on windows (via htas) and to
write RIAs.

With all due respect to Mr. Simpson's personal tastes, I find the
aesthetics of the arrow-syntax far more consistent with javascript's
C-based-syntactic roots than the preprocessor-tainted '#' - but I
also recognize that my personal aesthetic tastes are just that.
Anyway, I hope that enough general users share my aesthetic and
usability preference (short syntax for functionally well behaved and
intuitive lambdas with closure capability) that the arrow syntax is
given some serious thought and not dismissed because of this thread.

Thanks!

Faisal Vali