Rick Waldron waldron.rick at gmail.com
Sat May 7 18:35:06 PDT 2011

David,

Thanks for those clarifying points, much appreciated.

>From an academic perspective, I'm also curious about the change from # to ->

To be honest, # always seemed weird to me, but I welcome a shortened syntax regardless

Rick

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On May 7, 2011 8:18 PM, Juan Ignacio Dopazo <dopazo.juan at gmail.com> wrote:

Since there's a call for developer feedback, I'll give mine.
Brendan once said "JS is a curly-brace language and it always will be". I think the -> looks works very nice with a pythonic-like forced indentation like Coffeescript has. However, I believe # looks better with curly braces, so I'd keep #(x) { x * x }.

I also think familiarity should be considered and that #(x) { x * x } would be more familiar to the casual JS programmer.
Juan