Object.prototype.* writable?

Breton Slivka zen at zenpsycho.com
Sat May 7 18:32:07 PDT 2011

In fact, isn't this the whole point of modules, and module scope? If
you evaluate a script inside a module scope, your global prototypes
are protected anyway. This is already kind of where JS is heading. I
saw your (Kyle) tweets last night about "module formats", and I sort
of agree, but we also have to be pragmatic. Browsers are the way they
are, it's just reality, and as a result there's a limited domain of
paths forward when it comes to extending the javascript language, the
scripting environment, with the goals of scalability and modularity in
mind. TC39 thinks very hard about these things, and I'm excited about
ES.next modules, and the way node.js modules work (sort of)