Peter Michaux petermichaux at gmail.com
Sat May 7 10:04:46 PDT 2011

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Thaddee Tyl <thaddee.tyl at gmail.com> wrote:

> JavaScript is still seen as a badly object-oriented programming
> language by those who still think it is java with a weird syntax.

I think that concpetion has declined a lot as rich clients have forced
people to become better acquainted with JavaScript and a lot more has
been written on the language.

> I do
> hope it grows to be known as an outstanding functional programming
> language.

JavaScript won't ever be known as a outstanding functional programming
language until it has proper tail calls. This would give the language
new capabilities it doesn't have now.

Peter