extends keyword instead of <superclass ... >

Juan Ignacio Dopazo dopazo.juan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 11:33:59 PDT 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Dmitry A. Soshnikov <
dmitry.soshnikov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why not just to use already reserved `extends` keyword for specifying a
> superclass? These XML-like braces looks not so elegant.

I asked this question a couple of days ago. The answer is quite simple.
Object initializer extensions are more than just constructor syntax. They
allow you to create complex objects without all the hassle in
(function(){}()). So the constructor syntax was made this way to be
consistent with object initializer syntax.

Juan