Inner functions and outer 'this' (Re: That hash symbol)

Jeff Walden jwalden+es at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 26 20:57:24 PDT 2011

This is an interesting idea, never heard of it before.  That said, it seems a better start for brainstorming than as an end of it.  The previously-mentioned concerns about numbering being fragile seem real to me.  Further, how would this interact with eval introducing (or in some systems even removing) lexical bindings?  (Or maybe eval doesn't matter if this only applies in a new language mode with no eval-like construct -- I'm not up-to-date on how eval interacts with the latest language proposals.)  Nevertheless this 35-year-old idea seems fresh in the context of ECMAScript development, and worth thinking about, so thanks for bringing it up.

Jeff