[Harmony proxies] Opinion on the open issue (How to deal with inconsistent data returned by handler traps?)

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Fri Mar 18 17:11:43 PDT 2011

On Mar 15, 2011, at 6:43 PM, David Bruant wrote:

> Unfortunately, currently, on FF4, the property descriptor is rewritten, but with my comments on the code, you can see what results I would expect. But the potential of having my library-specific property descriptor format is here.

Thanks for raising this issue.

The proxies implementation in Firefox 4 is a prototype of a draft standard, of course. Between bugs in the spec, future not-quite-bug changes to the spec (improvements to go beyond the stated goals of proxies), and bugs in our code, we reserve the right to change it at any time. Caveat jsdevelopers.

This is fine and not a problem, IMHO. Our internal uses for security membranes will of course track our changes to proxies. But I wanted to write to assure you that we will make changes that TC39 thinks are good for future-proofing, as well as intentional changes and of course bug fixes.