Standardizing __proto__

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Fri Mar 18 10:21:18 PDT 2011

The point is that there are comprehensive solutions in the works that can be part of "ES6", but those will take some time to reach consensus.  If the community is looking for an immediate alternative to the most common use case of LHS __proto__ that is not supported by ES5, then Array.create is probably something that we could decide upon very quickly.    That  still wouldn't preclude the more comprehensive solution.

Allen