iteration order for Object

John Tamplin jat at google.com
Mon Mar 14 09:02:22 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.com> wrote:

> Web developers find and exploit many de-facto standards. Enumeration order
> being insertion order for non-arrays at least, if not for all objects
> (arrays tend to be populated in index order), is old as the hills and web
> content depends on it, as far as I can tell. I'll do some experiments to try
> to get data on this.

Aside from the JSON example of populating a dropdown list given (which I
will agree is a real if contrived use case), there has been a lot of talk of
"thousands of web developers" depending on preserving insertion order, but
not one concrete example -- do you have one?

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google