[Harmony proxies][Terminology] "fixed" state of a proxy

Andreas Gal andreas.gal at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 13:50:42 PDT 2011

There is a little twist to this. You can create a proxy that has separate implementations of [[Call]] and [[Construct]], and by fixing it, it converts to a regular functions. However, this "regular" function is different from any other non-host function: it behaves different w.r.t. to f() and new f(). At the implementation level this is reflected by the fact that we use a different internal class for these "function" objects. It also maintains all the other behaviors of the original proxy [[Call]] and [[Construct]] hooks, i.e. new f() can return "5". I am not sure whether this difference warrants talking about fixed proxies, but I wanted to point it out.

Andreas