iteration order for Object

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Sat Mar 12 00:06:34 PST 2011

On Mar 11, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Charles Kendrick wrote:

> Yes Allen, hence the urgency.  If IE9 final ships that way, the "goose is cooked":

I hear tell of something happening next Monday. Goose, well-done, stuffed, I think.

IE9 seems to match the http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:enumeration strawman.

> 2. the majority of real-world applications will be slowed down because developers will need to re-implement the very commonly needed LinkedHashMap behavior in JavaScript

Where is this LinkedHashMap thing from? Oh, Java.

Again, IE9 is late to the party in breaking insertion order for indexed properties.

> 3. developers will waste a bunch of time doing this when the language could have provided it

Can you cite some open source JS libraries or apps that would need to change?