iteration order for Object

P T Withington ptw at pobox.com
Fri Mar 11 15:56:34 PST 2011

On 2011-03-11, at 18:40, Charles Kendrick wrote:

>> "These developers" didn't take a "calculated risk". They saw it worked
>> with the implementations at the time and hoped it would be so in the
>> future.
>
> That is precisely the calculated risk they took.

FWIW, OpenLaszlo does not take that risk, because we want to work across many platforms.  When we care about iteration order, we don't use Object.  What we do use depends on the application:  Usually when we care about iteration order, random access is not an issue, so we just use a "plist" (an array of alternating keys and values).