iteration order for Object

Dean Landolt dean at deanlandolt.com
Fri Mar 11 12:55:11 PST 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Charles Kendrick <charles at isomorphic.com>wrote:

> Not so - order-preserving implementations are backwards compatible with
> non-order-preserving implementations.  Just rev the spec, and like any other
> versioned spec, developers can use the new behavior when they know the
> application environment uses only the new version.

The JSON spec has no version number, intentionally -- it would have to be
supersetted entirely. You could make the argument that perhaps it's about
time (I CAN HAZ DATES?) but that's a much bigger challenge, and your claimed
advantages to JSON handling would still be moot until ECMAScript adopted
your JSON replacement.