Extended Object Literals to review

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Wed Mar 9 18:53:23 PST 2011

I've updated all of the Harmony extended object literal proposals  http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:object_initialiser_extensions based upon discussions at the last several TC39 meetings.  In particular a very productive informal discussion at the Sept. meeting.

The major change in this iterations is a new "class" declaration based upon object literals. This declaration supports the declarative object definition that exactly mirrors the constructor/prototype/instance organization used by the EMAScript built-in objects.

I also did some updates to the Private Names proposal http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:private_names to clarify some issues that have come up in previous meetings. There is also a proposal for integrating Private Names with the extended object literals.

These items are on the agenda for the next TC39 meeting but discussion here is certainly welcome.

Allen