Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Wed Jun 29 19:44:07 PDT 2011

On 6/30/11 at 17:46, rfobic at gmail.com (Irakli Gozalishvili) wrote:

>I think that whole constructors as classes business in JS is
>confusing for everyone coming to JS, and they only understand
>it after understanding confusing constructor- prototype relationship.

I don't know about others, but I need to have a mental model of
what is going on in order to feel comfortable using a
language/API/library. I didn't really feel comfortable with the
ADD instruction until I understood how addition was implemented
at the circuit level. I didn't feel comfortable with C++ classes
until I understood the basic layout of an instance. I think is a
matter of believing I can avoid stepping on any landmines that
may be lying about.

I have a prejudice that the model should match the reality, but
I accept that an optimizer may do something completely different
if it still implements the model.

Simple is nice, but accurate is more important.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | The first thing you need when  | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | using a perimeter defense is a | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com | perimeter.                     | Los Gatos,
CA 95032