Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Wed Jun 29 15:24:35 PDT 2011

> Last concrete disagreement we had was over new C() vs. C() in the current language being notably different from new C() vs. C.constructor() in the alternate-reality language with prototypes as classes.

As in “don’t mix too well”. I agree with that. That will be a challenge for class literals. But the abstraction argument might apply to both cases: If people see a class C, they just want to instantiate it via new C(x,y). As long as instanceof works accordingly afterwards, I’m not sure much has changed *superficially*.

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer

axel at rauschma.de
twitter.com/rauschma