Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Tue Jun 28 17:51:27 PDT 2011

>> But with PaCs you don’t have to deconstruct, there is no detour from the class to another construct.
>
> I just wrote that with classes or today's constructor functions, no one has to deconstruct, either.

Sorry, I meant there is nothing more going on behind the scenes. I remember when I first read about instanceof, I couldn’t figure out how that operator could connect an instance to its constructor (that was before I knew about the “constructor” property which could in principle be used for this purpose). Then I read how this operator was handled internally and everything made sense.

> On the other hand, having PaCs and classes/constructors is more complex than just having one. And we do not get the choice of just having PaCs.

True!

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer

axel at rauschma.de