this vs thi\u0073

Luke Hoban lukeh at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 20 16:50:41 PDT 2011

My read of the spec is that thi\u0073 is a ReservedWord and should not be allowed as an Identifer.  So the following part of the examples quoted below should be an early error:

  var thi\u0073 = 42;

The text in 7.6 seems to address this with:

"All interpretations of identifiers within this specification are based upon their actual characters regardless of whether or not an escape sequence was used to contribute any particular characters."

Luke