Prototypes as the new class declaration

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Fri Jun 17 07:52:51 PDT 2011

On Jun 17, 2011, at 5:14 AM, Irakli Gozalishvili wrote:

> I really like this direction, I think it much better feet for JS than a class sugar!
>
> I also experimented something similar not a long time ago as a library: https://github.com/Gozala/selfish/blob/master/selfish.js
> Also as an extension to the Built-ins: https://gist.github.com/d33befccbe1e0ed492d5

Thanks, this is really useful.  I had expected the the inability to rationalize this approach with the existing built-in constructors/prototypes would be stake through its heart.  Your work suggests that it might actually be possible to do a reasonable integration of the two approaches.  I'll put some additional work into it.

Allen