Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Thu Jun 16 19:14:28 PDT 2011

On Jun 16, 2011, at 6:52 PM, Mark S. Miller wrote:

>  [object a] → [object b] → [Object prototype object] → null
>
> a is a proxy object and b is a normal object.  If you define a non-
> configurable property on b, and you look up that property on a, can it
> still be reported as non-configurable?

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but isn't the only way to  actually inspect (report?) the attributes of a property is via Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor so you can't use a to inspect the attributes of a property of b, regardless or whether or not b is a Proxy. I believe that the only operations on a that are sensitive to the value of the configurable attribute only apply to own properties.

Allen