David Bruant david.bruant at labri.fr
Thu Jun 16 10:13:39 PDT 2011

Le 16/06/2011 18:15, Mark S. Miller a écrit :
> I do not believe so. The host object contract for configurable shows
> that the only meaning it ever had in ES5 that one could count on is
> "this is not guaranteed not to be magical". The proxy spec already
> allows the same violations of the first two meanings you suggest:
> * a proxy and a compliant ES5 host object may refuse to delete a
> configurable property, and
> * a proxy and a compliant ES5 host object may refuse an attempt to
> reconfigure a configurable property.
>
> In summary, "configurable" was never a guarantee of anything.
> "non-configurable" was the only state that came with guarantees. Let's
> not weaken those.
Ok, with this defintion, it makes sense to not let proxies lie on
property configurability.
So does it even make sense to want non-configurable (fixed) properties
on proxies?
Back to Sean's initial e-mail on this thread, why would we want
individual non-configurable properties on proxies?

As a side note, if all properties are described as configurable, then, a
forwarding proxy will not properly forward when it comes to returning a
property descriptor if the target has a non-configurable property.

David