David Bruant david.bruant at labri.fr
Thu Jun 16 06:26:07 PDT 2011

Le 16/06/2011 15:15, Sean Eagan a écrit :
> Sorry, I meant remove the configurability check of the
> "getOwnPropertyDescriptor" and "getPropertyDescriptor" trap return
> values, and add a check as to whether the "defineProperty" trap return
> value is an object to fix the property to.
>
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Sean Eagan<seaneagan1 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> How about *optional* property fixing as a compromise?  We could
>> replace the configurability check of the "defineProperty" trap return
>> value with a check of whether the return value is an object, in which
>> case it would be treated as a property descriptor to fix the property
>> to, otherwise the return value would just be ignored.
If you replace the compulsory configurability check with an opt-in (by
choosing a particular return value to defineProperty trap), then
"optional property fixing" means "no property fixing", because the
optional part could be implemented as a library on top of proxies
without configurability check.

David