Quasi-literals for templating?

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Wed Jun 15 16:42:03 PDT 2011

Ah, very clever. It’d be nice to have an example of using this to compile templates (like jQuery templates). Maybe not even the implementation, just a quasi literal and why it works.

var myTmpl = tmpl`Dear ${{first}} ${{last}}`; // (*)
alert(myTempl.render({ first: "Jane", last: "Doe" }));

The handler (at (*)) is called like this:
tmpl(callSiteId73654, { first: undefined }, { last: undefined });

BTW: won’t it be a problem (for this use case) if the variables first and last don’t exist?

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer

axel at rauschma.de
twitter.com/rauschma