David Bruant david.bruant at labri.fr
Wed Jun 15 14:10:56 PDT 2011

Le 15/06/2011 23:01, Tom Van Cutsem a écrit :
> Just realized: even though an arrayProxy could update its fixed
> "length" property, it would not be able to intercept updates "from the
> outside" (i.e. updates to "length" by objects other than the handler).
> I guess that capability is also needed to be able to "shrink" an array
> if its "length" is decreased.
In a way, the fixed properties proposal make proxies bicephal. For some
inputs (property names), they plug their handler-provided MOP-brain and
for some others, they plug a native object MOP-brain (ES5 - 8.12). These
brains cannot communicate. This is why changing .length in the "native
object brain" has no effect in the other brain (which handles numeric
properties(...unless some of these are non-configurable)). And I think
it has been said before, but there would be no logging possible for
non-configurable properties in the context of the fixed properties
strawman since native MOP-brain doesn't allow that.

David