Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Wed Jun 15 08:10:44 PDT 2011

On Jun 15, 2011, at 5:19 AM, David Bruant wrote:

> Le 15/06/2011 13:34, Tom Van Cutsem a écrit :
>>
>> (As an aside: re. the emulation of arrays, having a configurable [[Class]] such that |Object.prototype.toString.call(arrayproxy)| can return "[object Array]" seems like a more important imperfection to fix)
> I disagree. People can fix this one by themselves: https://gist.github.com/1026960 (I haven't tested, but it gives the idea).

That's kind of gross, though. Non-modular. Clearly Tom was talking about modular or proxy-wise customization of [[ClassName]]. IIRC Allen has done work to separate [[Class]] from [[ClassName]] which should allow proxies to intercede for the latter.

> Of course this solution is valid as long as observable side effects of [[Class]] can be redefined.
> This is not the case for the .length issue.

Can you give an example of the length issue? Sorry if I missed it.