Quasi-literals for templating?

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Wed Jun 15 02:43:29 PDT 2011

>> Has that been considered as a use case (e.g. after a compilation/generation step?). But it doesn’t seem like identifier names are accessible to quasi handlers, which would make this difficult.
>
> If the consensus ends up being that more than simple identifiers are
> allowed in substitutions, then I don't know what it would mean for
> identifiers to be available.

I didn’t find in the spec how the "substitutions" parameter (that quasi handlers get) is structured, thus I assumed that it was an array of values. It could be an array of (key,value) pairs, then going beyond simple identifiers would be easy. I am assuming that order matters, if not, then there is something fundamental about handler parameters that I haven’t understood.

Using jQuery templates to validate template support: good choice, I really like this templating engine.

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer

axel at rauschma.de