Prototypes as the new class declaration

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Tue Jun 14 23:02:28 PDT 2011

On Jun 14, 2011, at 10:59 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:

> Parallel class-side inheritance can be done, IINM:
>
> const SkinnedMesh = THREE.Mesh <| {
>   constructor: THREE.Mesh <| function(geometry, materials) {

Er, that should be ... THREE.Mesh.constructor <| function(...) {

Again with the .constructor component. Reinforcing the degree to which I, at least, have been conditioned to think of the "class name" as the constructor and not the prototype.

>     super.constructor(geometry, materials);

There it is again (.constructor, I mean).

Perhaps we need a shorthand, something even one character suffix operator. Not sure.