how to create strawman proposals?

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Thu Jun 2 16:47:34 PDT 2011

On Jun 2, 2011, at 4:16 PM, Kyle Simpson wrote:

> Is it available for general public members to register for an account to create strawman proposals for ES?

No, it's an Ecma TC39 resource. Ecma needs IPR handoff per its patent covenant so this can't be a free-for-all, for better or worse.

> In particular, I'd like to create two proposals for some future discussion:
>
> 1. a "n" (or "c") flag for regexp's, that reverses the default capturing behavior of ( ) to be non-capturing by default, and thus (?: ) to be capturing.

Is there any precedent for this in other perl-based regexp packages?

> 2. a "@>" (or something like it) operator for what I call statement-localized continuations

We've been over continuations at length on this list. There is a harmony:generators proposal already in ES.next, and a deferred functions strawman as well. Dave Herman's shallow continuations  strawman was intentionally deferred.