[Arrow function syntax] Move Arrow to head to fixArrowFormalParameters issues

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Wed Jun 1 10:42:23 PDT 2011

On Jun 1, 2011, at 10:38 AM, François REMY wrote:

> Last time I asked, it was the "#" char that was wanted for private names. If "#" has been replaced by "@" in private names, then we can replace "@" by "#" in my proposal, and return to the original proposal of #functions.

# is wanted for frozen/joined value types: joined functions with shorter syntax, records, tuples.

Hope this helps, it's not fun grabbing the last few easily-typed characters not used by JS. Quasis use ` now.

The punctuation soup argument is a bit general and overused against attribute modifiers for properties, IMHO, but it is a good countervailing force against lame single-character "land grabs" to try to shorten (some) syntax without thinking much about usability, semantics, future uses, or connotation in other languages.

> If private name uses both @ and #, I raise *severe* concerns about it.

No one ever said any such thing.