[Arrow function syntax] Move Arrow to head to fix ArrowFormalParameters issues

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Wed Jun 1 09:44:33 PDT 2011

On Jun 1, 2011, at 8:30 AM, Sean Eagan wrote:

> Why not just move Arrow to the head to avoid any current or future
> ArrowFormalParameters parsing issues such as the GLR issue ?

There's no GLR issue if we do what we're doing for assignment expressions, including destructuring: parse a cover grammar into a reference-tree. I'm drafting that to see how it works in the existing spec.

Lots of languages and notations use arrow in between parameters and body. We should not deviate from that and uglify things lightly. I don't see good reason yet.