Shim for ES.next code?

Dmitry A. Soshnikov dmitry.soshnikov at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 08:00:45 PDT 2011

There are many already I guess, e.g. pair of possible ES6 methods
https://github.com/DmitrySoshnikov/es-laboratory/blob/master/src/es6.js,
and also from any other framework (such as String.repeat).

What's the goal? None of discussed methods is standardized yet. But, if
you think currently needed, just start to collect and implement them.
You will implement just a library. Possibly users will start to use this
library (exactly yours library, but not another form tones of), and then
it can  turn out that ES will standardize another behavior for the same
method, which will mean "break the web". There will be two ways --
either to standardize "yours" as de-facto standard (if it will be widely
spread), or users of your shim will have to correct old code.

However, if some of methods are already 100% in the ES.next and their
behavior is 100% accepted (in what I have doubts), then, yes, of course
do it -- it will be good to have it collected.

Dmitry.