July TC39 meeting notes, day 1

Andreas Rossberg rossberg at google.com
Sat Jul 30 02:39:39 PDT 2011

On 30 July 2011 04:57, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.com> wrote:
> Proxies have two prototype implementations now: Firefox since 4, and now V8
> (http://code.google.com/p/v8/source/detail?r=8733) -- not sure when that
> shows up under a flag in Chrome canaries, someone from Google will know.

If you invoke a current V8 shell it is available by passing
--harmony-proxies. I'm roughly tracking progress here:

http://code.google.com/p/v8/issues/detail?id=1543

Note however that it is still work in progress, and certainly not
anywhere near stable yet. That is, expect serious bugs.

At some point we will start threading harmony-related flags through
Chrome, but we haven't decided on the when and how yet.

/Andreas