July TC39 meeting notes, day 1

David Bruant david.bruant at labri.fr
Thu Jul 28 06:00:53 PDT 2011

Le 28/07/2011 06:21, Brendan Eich a écrit :
> == Handler access to proxies ==
>
> Another alternative: the proxy could be "passed" via a data property on the handler. But the only use for the proxy reference is as a key in a weakmap, and if the handler references it, the handler could just as well be the key -- or the handler could simply hold the value associated by the weakmap.
Also, if the FixedProperty or NonExtensibleProxy proposals (the later
has only been discussed on es-discuss and has nothing on the wiki) are
accepted, then proxies will carry some information that the handler may
want to introspect (Object.isExtensible,
Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor().configurable). These informations are
meant to be kept out of the proxy author control, so they cannot be put
as a handler property either.
Having the proxy as an argument of all traps would be a best way to
access these informations in my opinion. Of course, this is dependent on
the FixedProperties (NonConfigurableProperties) and NonExtensibleProxy

David